Web hosting solutions cater to small and big website needs. The hosting provider you choose has an impact on the success of the website. People often prefer hosting services based on popularity and goodwill. However, that is not the correct way to choose a service.
The correct way is to choose a hosting solution based on your website needs.
For a start-up or a small website – choosing a Dedicated server is of no use. A Dedicated server would be a perfect choice for websites looking for expansion and scaling.
Don’t rush the process of buying a domain and hosting. First, know about the different web hosting types. Once you figure out the web hosting features and advantages, it will be easier to make the right choice.
Read more: Difference Between Domain Name and Web Hosting
What are the different types of web hosting services available?
Shared hosting, Cloud hosting, VPS hosting, Managed WordPress hosting, Reseller hosting, and Dedicated hosting are a few web hosting services offered by top hosting providers in India. Picking the best web hosting services for your website is important to improve its performance and functionality. The right hosting ensures you can easily access varied features that are required to run your website. All website data is stored on a specific server and accessed through a host. It can include different elements like text, videos, and images. Since all sites are different with varying needs, you need to know about types of web hosting to choose the right one.
2. Virtual Private Server
One step above Shared hosting, Virtual Private Server is a single physical server, ideal for medium-sized businesses that can’t afford downtime. When a website outgrows a Shared hosting plan, the website owners shift to Virtual Private Servers. Your website will share a server with other sites, but the number of websites is low, and you get dedicated resources.
In a Virtual Private Server, the server is split into multiple virtual servers, and a website can customise it according to their need. VPS hosting ensures that a higher influx of traffic does not affect your website functions.
For custom configurations to the server – you can get optional root access with VPS. It allocates a separate RAM and CPU for a website. Websites with large files like – videos and images – should consider VPS.
Buy VPS web hosting now with these BigRock hosting coupons.
Advantages of Virtual Private Server
- It guarantees a higher uptime and faster loading website speed.
- It is more cost-effective compared to Dedicated Server hosting.
- VPS offers dedicated server resources and helps you make customized configurations based on your website needs.
Disadvantages of Virtual Private Server
- You'll need to share the server with other sites, which is a drawback.
- It is not easy to set up and need technical expertise.
- It has limitations in terms of what you can control on the website.
Further reading: Cloud Hosting vs VPS Hosting
4. Cloud Hosting
A hybrid version of VPS hosting, Cloud hosting is the most preferred choice for websites today. It comes with multiple remote servers, and each server can scale. If one server is down, the other will take responsibility for the network and pick the slack.
Cloud hosting provides the best uptime rate and optimal performance. The hosting solution offers scalability and immediacy. You will be able to determine the resources and space you need in real-time. It lets you access servers and use them depending on your website needs. It accommodates the spikes in website traffic, so your site will not suffer.
Cloud hosting is the best solution for medium and larger websites. If your website expects more than 50,00,00 monthly visits, consider a Cloud Hosting plan.
Read this BigRock review to learn about the Cloud hosting services offered by BigRock.
Advantages of Cloud Hosting
- Cloud hosting offers higher security on plans.
- You can scale added resources on demand if there is an increase in site traffic.
- The downtime is less, so your website is accessible to users all the time.
Disadvantages of Cloud Hosting
- The price of Cloud hosting plans is not fixed - it works on a pay-as-you-use model.
- If the traffic is more, it may increase the cost.
- It offers limited customised features.
Further reading: Cloud vs Shared Hosting
6. Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress Hosting solutions work best for WordPress websites. It comes with an easy set-up, control, website back-up, and reliable staging environment. It fine-tunes your website with easy-to-use dashboards, caching, and better security features. The hosting solution is perfect for websites with higher traffic spikes. Updated plugins make sure your website loads faster and give you guaranteed uptime.
Advantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
- Managed WordPress hosting offers good speed and improved performance with a one-click staging environment.
- With a comprehensive WordPress community and experts - you can solve your website issues in no time.
- It offers user-friendly site management features with access to development tools.
- It offers automatic backups and added tools to optimise your site. You can also install WordPress with one click.
Disadvantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
- It is pricey compared to other hosting plans.
- There may be low flexibility with plugins.
- The plans do not offer email or free domains.
- There is no .htccaess compatibility - the features work only for WordPress websites.
Further reading: Shared vs WordPress Hosting