Hey All, if you’ve read our previous comparison posts on BigRock vs GoDaddy and BigRock vs HostGator India and decided to make BigRock your hosting provider then this new post is for you. This post highlights how to install WordPress on BigRock in under 5 minutes. Thus, check out this guide and install WordPress on your domain now!
BigRock is one of the most sought-after web hosting service provider in India. It is known for its experience in the latest technology and offers excellent customer support service.
It also provides a range of hosting and domain name services that are economical compared to other web hosting service providers.
* Conditions apply
WordPress is a popular content management system used for blogging and the web. Also, since installing WordPress is easy it makes it well loved by both new as well as existing users. For more information on BigRock, check out this comprehensive BigRock hosting review.
In the below video, we have explained how to buy domain, hosting and install WordPress under 5 minutes on BigRock!
After watching this video, everyone, including the non-technical people, will be confident enough to create a WordPress website using BigRock services. We have attempted to keep the entire process as simple as possible.
So Watch Now!
Grab upto 50% Off on BigRock Web Hosting. (Limited Time Offer!)
Also, below is a step by step guide on how to install WordPress on BigRock, either manually (using BigRock control panel) or by using the one-click install system. The below guide can help beginners as well as advanced users alike.
How To Install WordPress on BigRock Under 5 Minutes?
Learn all about how to install WordPress on BigRock using the cPanel in under 5 minutes. This article includes a video of how to install WordPress and buy hosting & domain from BigRock. It also explains how to install WordPress manually through exclusive screenshots. Thus, check out this WordPress setup guide and go install WordPress on your domain right now!
- #1. Install WordPress Using Softaculous
- #2. How to Install WordPress Manually on BigRock
- #3. Getting Started With WordPress After Installation
- #4. How To Install WordPress Plugin
- #5. WordPress FAQ’s
#1. Install WordPress Using Softaculous
These details include your FTP details, BigRock login panel details (Control Panel) and BigRock Name Server details. Write these down in a notepad and follow the below WordPress installation step by step guide.
How To Install WordPress in cPanel
- Step 1: Log into your BigRock cPanel account.
- Step 2: Search for and click on the WordPress icon. This will take you to the BigRock Softaculous Installer page. Here, click on the “Install” button.
- Next, fill in the required fields in the Software Setup. Select the protocol of your website; if your website has an SSL certificate then select the https:// protocol. Enter your domain name and the directory where the WordPress needs to be installed.
- Set your website’s name and description (Site Name and Description) in the Site Settings.
- Set the admin username, password and email id. All of these will be used to access your WordPress account in the future.
- Lastly, select the Limit Login Attempt plugin. This is a security feature which will help to keep your account in check. Add your email id where you’ll receive your login details and click on the “Install” button.
With the super-fast BigRock cPanel, it will take a few minutes to get the WordPress CMS to be installed. After installing WordPress, all the details you provided earlier will be sent to your mailbox and you are good to go.
You can then click on the link provided in the mail, enter username and password to Log into WordPress dashboard.
Here’s How Your WordPress Dashboard Will Look Like.
#3. Getting Started With WordPress After Installation
After WordPress installation, the first thing you need is a WordPress Theme. A theme is a specific layout with a colour scheme that gives your blog a distinctive appearance. You can change this anytime according to your need.
You can browse through the Free themes available by clicking on the “Appearance” tab in your WordPress Dashboard. Here, select one that suits your type of blog or the message you are trying to put across.
You can also manage widget in your WordPress blog. All WordPress blogs have widgets in their collections. They are mostly shown on the right side of the blog homepage. However, it might differ in some WordPress themes.
To manage widgets, go to the “Appearance” tab. Click on your blog title in the upper left side, then click on the widgets link there to change the settings. You can remove the widgets you do not want or drag the ones you need on to the right hand of the screen.
#5. WordPress FAQ’s
Here are some of the most frequently asked question about WordPress around the web and their solutions.
* Conditions apply