Is a blog a website or is a website a blog?
Should you create a blog or build a website?
The websites vs blogs debate can be confusing if you aren’t aware of the differences. Yes, there is a considerable difference between a blog and a website.
A blog is an ideal platform for a specific niche. Most professionals, artists, writers, and creative people use the blogging platform to earn money.
A website can be a generic site for a business setup, E-com store, or bigger organisation.
What the difference between a Blog and a Website?
Just like there is a considerable difference between a domain name and web hosting, a blog and a website are also two different entities used for specific purposes. A blog can be created as a hobby or for business purposes such as to showcase a portfolio. On the other hand, a website is created for business purposes either to promote services or to sell products. A website can also have a specific blog section. Thus, depending on your needs, you can pick either of the two.
Difference Between Blogs and Websites
2. What is a Website?
A website is a collection of multimedia content and web pages under one domain. Most websites are hosted on a professional web host that allows for easy and secured access.
You can use websites for different purposes like business, personal blogs, E-com stores, and a range of different applications. The most important aspect of a website is to provide information to the visitors about your business, products and services. A website is also the first impression of your business online.
Do you know Google is also a website? That’s right! Blogs can be a subset of websites.
There are many examples of this such as this – https://bigrockcoupon.in/blog/
When you visit a company website or a brand website, you will see a separate blog section on the page.
Most companies have a blog to provide information related to their products. For a software website, you can expect technical blogs that consist of the latest trends, how-to guides and other engaging content.
Websites have been around for a long time since the time internet gained prominence. In 1991, CERN developed the first website and later, other brands followed suit. But the first website was text-based without the use of any other elements. Amazon was the first E-com website created in 1994.
2.1 Benefits of a Website
- Having a website offers your business an online presence. Your customers will be able to find you anywhere and from any place. Even during non-working hours, the website can reach new customers.
- The website provides the most feasible way to communicate information between buyers and sellers. You can list your opening hours, contact details and show images of your products or services. You can upload promotional videos to engage customers.
- The website offers credibility to the business. Customers trust a company or business with a professional website.
- For brick and motor stores, a website helps reduce the overhead costs as you can simply display product/service information on it and promote and market them too.
- As your website is accessible from any location, you can expand your business globally.
- The website provides customer insights through analytics, which helps you identify your customer base and know about their interest and liking.
- The website gives you an advantage over competitors. If your competitors have a website and you don't, you will lose out on many potential clients.
- Websites provide the most convenient way to handle customer service. Through the FAQ section on your website, you can save added expenses on customer services. You can upload the positive feedbacks in your website testimonials.
- You can create a website for entertainment and multimedia purposes.
- Websites provide great growth opportunities and increased online visibility. You can reach millions of people through a website.
- Websites are great for digital marketing and social networking.
2.3 How to Start a Website?
Creating a website was a big deal earlier, but today it is the simplest thing to do thanks to the range of options available in the form of content management systems.
Also, many hosting companies provide various plans for website hosting. The best part, you can choose a hosting plan based on your budget.
For a start-up website, a ref=”/why-you-should-opt-for-shared-hosting/”>Shared hosting plan works best. If you are looking at business expansion, a Dedicated server or Cloud hosting is the best. You will find many online tutorials that will guide you in creating a new website. With website building plans, you will get customized options in templates, themes, and tools.