Are you looking for a blogging platform that provides complete control? Or, do you want the host to offer you complete blog support?
Many factors come into play when you finally decide to go ahead and create a blog. For monetizing purpose, you will also need to consider SEO and other marketing techniques. Read this blog to learn how to earn money from blogging.
For this read, let’s look at the top blogging platforms along with their pros and cons.
Which is the Best Platform for Blogging?
Choosing the right blogging platform determines the success of your blog. If you’re new to blogging, look for a platform that is easy to understand and simple to set up. Most platforms let you set up your blog in minutes with complete customization. Look for scalability as it’s an essential feature. If you’re looking for monetization, choose a platform that offers third-party apps integration and lets you create ads to generate income.
Making a switch from one blogging platform to another is a daunting task, given the content involved. So, choose the right one from the start to avoid migration. Read this list of the best blogging platforms and pick one that suits your requirement.
Best Blogging Platforms For 2021
It is a non-traditional platform for microblogging and is easy to use, but acts as a social media platform. It’s not your typical blogging platform where you need to publish a blog regularly or review users’ comments to know how popular your post is.
When people read your Tumblr post, they will have the option to re-blog your post to their blog or page. It is like retweeting a tweet on Twitter.
They also have the flexibility of adding their content to your post before publishing. If the post gets popular, bloggers can publish it on different blog websites. However, Tumblr is not as popular as WordPress.
Why should you choose Tumblr?
- The best part about Tumblr is; you can choose from more than 1000 themes, which makes your blog look visually appealing.
- It offers unlimited storage; so you don’t have to worry about the space when adding more posts.
- It provides complete CSS and HTML for customization.
Why shouldn’t you choose Tumblr?
- You can’t easily take a backup and import your content from other blog platforms.
- The plugins are limited, and there is no integration.
- You won’t be able to monetize the blog.
It is currently the best website builder and powers millions of websites in the web space. The drag and drop feature lets the users create stunning and visually appealing websites in no time.
If you need to blog on a personal soapbox on the internet, Squarespace is the ideal platform for you. It is an excellent option for bloggers and offers multi-functionality.
Users can edit and customize a site on-the-go with its simple interface. You will also be able to customise it for mobile applications; this feature is exclusive to Squarespace.
Why should you choose Squarespace?
- It offers more than 100 different themes for your blog website.
- It lets you switch to different templates even after going live. So, you’ll be able to swap the template without affecting the content of the page.
- It offers a high level of customization and control, so you can modify your website when you need to.
- It supports third-party widgets.
Why shouldn’t you choose Squarespace?
- There is no option in the editor, and you cannot auto-save any changes you make to your website.
- The bulky template size can affect the website speed, which, in turn, can lead to a lower ranking on the search result.
Weebly is the best option for bloggers on the go. Its simple drag and drop feature lets you set up a blog site in minutes. It gives you complete freedom to build a blog and enhance its functionality.
With the media management feature, you can gather different images and create a gallery of pictures. It offers different template designs, which you can customise according to your preference.
It lets you integrate with third-party applications and tools. It also offers social media sharing options.
Why should you choose Weebly?
- Weebly offers SEO functionalities and lets you integrate with Google Analytics.
- You don’t require coding in the implementation of new designs.
- You’ll be able to get an in-depth analysis of your content.
Why shouldn’t you choose Weebly?
- Third-party integration might be limited, so there is a restriction on design.
- It often becomes a challenging task to export or import the content on the website.