One of the best parts about being a freelancer is the opportunity to explore, which may not be possible with a full-time position. Furthermore, you can work with both global and local clients. You must have already heard about Freelancers and Fiverr. These two are well-known and competitive freelancing websites.
Each freelancing websites has a different onboarding process. We have provided a short description of how to sign up and apply to become a freelancer with these Indian freelancing websites. Of course, a lot of these companies are head-quartered outside India, but these websites work seamlessly for Indian freelancers.
We call them Indian freelancing websites because they have a strong presence and pool of budding Indian freelancers already working with them. Some websites like Freelancers.in also have an Indian domain name extension, which is better suited for you. We also recommend that you read the review about each platform before deciding. It will help you understand what other freelancers like yourself have faced.
Want to start your own online business? Make use of these BigRock Coupons to buy domain and web hosting.
What are some of the best freelance websites in India?
Fiverr, Freelancer.com, Upwork, 99Designs, Envato Studio, TopTal.com, WorknHire, Guru.com and PeoplePerHour are some of the best freelance websites in India. Apart from these, there are several other freelancing sites in India that offer abundant new opportunities to freshers and entry-level freelancers. To learn more about them and how to get started, read this in-depth blog.
- What are some of the best freelance websites in India?
- 1. Start Selling Your Services on Fiverr
- 2. Bid on Jobs Submitted on Freelancer.com
- 3. Gets Jobs on Upwork with an Effective Proposal
- 4. Become a Freelance Designer with 99Designs
- 5. Registration of Interest form for Envato Studio
- 6. Become a Freelancer with TopTal.com
- 7. Get Hired for Jobs on Guru.com
- 8. Find Jobs at WorknHire
- 9. Get Recruited by PeoplePerHour
- Other Freelancing Sites in India
1. Start Selling Your Services on Fiverr
According to Fiverr Statistics, a GIG – service you sell on Fiverr – is brought every 4 seconds.
For example, a video editor specialising in travel vlogs will create gigs similar to what’s displayed in the below screenshot of the top-rated Fiverr video editors.
How to get started on Fiverr?
Fiverr will guide you through the registration process. Once you have created your account, fill every necessary field to create a professional profile.
- You can create up to 3 pricing plans for your gigs, tailoring your services to a fixed price. The pricing starts at around 390 Indian rupees.
- For more information about getting started with Fiverr, refer to its official guidelines.
- With Fiverr, you earn around 80% of what you charge. Fiverr keeps the 20% for showcasing your skills on the platform.
Refer to the Service Directory provided by Fiverr to find the service or category you wish to sell.
3. Gets Jobs on Upwork with an Effective Proposal
How to get started on Upwork?
- Visit Upwork.com and click on sign up.
- Once you have filled in the personal details, move forward and create an Upwork profile. Fill in the necessary information such as a professional profile photo, work history, educational background, current freelancer title, language proficiency, and skills.
- Set the hourly rates. Then add a short but accurate job title and concise overview.
- Once you have filled in the details, submit it to Upwork for verification.
- The verification will be done two ways: with a government-issued id and online video call.
As Upwork is a competitive freelancing platform, not all applicants get approved. You might have to upscale your skills and try again.
5. Registration of Interest form for Envato Studio
How to become a service provider on Envato?
Envato is a big name in the design and development circles. The application process for it is much different from others. To become an Envato service provider, fill out and submit the registration of Interest forms. The vetting process for the same is quite tough.
Who can become an Envato Service Provider?
The following images tell us that freelancers specialising in services, such as SEO, content writing, and accounting, can fill out the registration of interest form.
7. Get Hired for Jobs on Guru.com
How to get started with Guru?
- Set up your freelancer account with Guru by signing up.
- Once you have logged in, you can verify your details. Fill in professional information such as your skills and create your Guru Professional profile.
- Once the profile is created, you can start looking for jobs. After finding the right job, bid on it.
Employers who find your quote compelling will reach out to you, and then together, you can finalise the agreement before you start working on the job. Refer to Guru’s How It Works guide for more information about managing your account and payments.
Who can get hired on Guru.com?
Guru offers jobs across several fields such as programming, design, writing, engineering, sales, and administration. Refer to the job board, where you can explore the categories and find one that best suits the services you offer.
9. Get Recruited by PeoplePerHour
How to apply for a freelance position with people per hour?
The first step to becoming a PeoplePerHour certified freelancer is to apply to become a freelancer.
- Set up a professional profile to show your skills and create a portfolio.
- Once you have completed your profile, the PeoplePerHour moderation team will review your application.
- Once it is approved, you get access to the people per hour projects posted by global and local clients alike.
PeoplePerHour is equipped with an AI system that matches a freelancer to appropriate projects. You can find a project that matches your abilities and skill. The next step is to submit a proposal to get the opportunity to work on the project.
PeoplePerHour allows freelancers to send 15 free proposals every month. Freelancers have to purchase additional credits for more projects.
Who can work with PeoplePerHour?
Refer to the PeoplePerHour’s freelance service categories to explore the skills and choose the one that fits your expertise.