Online payments have become a part of life, especially when the world is under the COVID-19 lockdown. When you make an online payment, the first thing that comes to mind is the safety of ‘payment gateways’.
Making online payments is simple and effortless and it saves time. Whether you are running an eCommerce store or a startup, the safety of payment gateway in India is important. The best payment gateway of India will ensure the smooth running of your website without any threat to the client’s monetary data.
* Conditions apply
Which are the Best Payment Gateways in India?
With a plethora of business joining the online bandwagon, it has become imperative for businesses to offer flexible payment solutions to help enhance the customer experience. A safe and secure payment portal is one of the top requirements for all businesses, especially eCommerce business. Thus, if you are searching for the best payment getaways in India, then we’ve got you covered with this list of the top payment getaways in India so you can make the right choice.
- Which are the Best Payment Gateways in India?
- What is a Payment Gateway?
- Top 9 Payment Gateways in India Curated Based on Experience
- 1. Citrus Pay – All in One Payments App by PayU
- 2. Cashfree - Payment Gateway & Payouts for India
- 3. Atom Payment Gateway
- 4. CCAvenue Payment Gateway
- 5. PayPal Payment Gateway
- 6. DirecPay - Payment Gateway India
- 7. Razorpay – Best Payment Gateway for Online Payments
- 8. Fonepaisa Payment Gateway
- 9. Paytm Payment Gateway
- Pick the best one,
Top 9 Payment Gateways in India Curated Based on Experience
1. Citrus Pay – All in One Payments App by PayU
Citrus is perhaps the most popular payment gateway in India. It accepts online payments with minimal development, on-boarding process, and easy sign-up. It supports iOS, Android, and Windows. All the payments made with this gateway are seamless and secured. The Citrus payment gateway was merged with PayU in 2016 and the acquisition added more than 30 million to its user base.
Features of Citrus Payment Gateway
- It supports all international cards and domestic cards. It supports MasterCard, Visa, Diners, and Amex cards. The payment gateway offers a multi-currency support feature that provides complete flexibility.
- There is no withdrawal fee charged by the gateway and normal settlement days are T+2 days. There is a list of documents to be submitted before you choose this gateway and it takes about five to seven days to start the transaction.
- Citrus payment gateway supports all eCommerce CMS platforms so it can be easily integrated with any system.
- There is no annual maintenance charge for Citrus, but there is a transaction fee per transaction made by the gateway.
3. Atom Payment Gateway
Atomtech – Payment Gateway India?
Atom is an innovative payment gateway in India. It is promoted by the FTP group and supports more than 100 different payment options. The company has more than 4500 strong merchants and a record of 15+ million transactions online.
Features of Atom Payment Gateway
- Atom supports all major domestic credit cards that include Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diner, Discover, and JCB. However, it does not support all international credit cards.
- There is no multi-currency support and the settlement days are T+2 days. Business registration documents are required for the application.
- It supports all major eCommerce platforms that include WooCommerce, Prestashop, and Magento. It supports only android mobile app integration as of now.
- The annual maintenance charge is waived off for the first year, thereafter you need to pay ₹2400 for the service.
5. PayPal Payment Gateway
PayPal is one of the top payment gateways in India. The global payment option is available in more than 200 countries, and PayPal has more than 175 million clients across the globe. It supports more than 100 currencies, so there is complete expediency in payment terms.
Features of PayPal Payment Gateway
- PayPal supports all major CMS platforms, so the tie-up is easy, and the integration process is easy for online retailers.
- There is no waiting period for the transaction, and it can be started immediately after a successful registration. The settlement period depends on payment received and the amount withdrawn.
- The PayPal merchant can be started in no time; the documents required are PAN card, purpose code, and local bank account.
- PayPal payment gateway offers easy integration with iOS and Android. It has zero annual maintenance charges.
7. Razorpay – Best Payment Gateway for Online Payments
Razorpay is the only payment gateway in India that admits, practices, and distributes. For this purpose, the company hosts a product suite. It easily accepts different modes like cards, UPI, net banking, and wallets. The payment gateway gives you top-level tech amalgamation at affordable prices.
Features of Razorpay Payment Gateway
- It supports all major CMS platforms including WooCommerce, Shopify, and OpenCart.
- It does not support multi-currency options.
- The transaction time taken after activation starts after all the documents are submitted. It takes about three days for settlement.
- It integrates with Android and iOS via PhoneGap. It is API driven and requires zero manual intervention. It is completely secure and offers real-time data insights.
- Razorpay offers zero annual maintenance charges with no setup fee.
9. Paytm Payment Gateway
Paytm is perhaps the best payment gateway for small businesses in India. It is also the most common gateway as its integrated with Paytm mobile wallet. Paytm has gained popularity as a WooCommerce payment gateway in India.
Features of Paytm Payment Gateway
- Paytm supports all domestic credit cards including Maestro, Amex, Visa, Discover, and MasterCard. It does not support international credit cards.
- The transaction starts after two days of submitting all the relevant documents. The settlement days are two or three days.
- There is a long list of shopping carts available with Paytm payment gateway. This includes Magento, Zencart, OpenCart, WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
- It lets you integrate with Android and iOS for payment integration.
- There are no withdrawal fees, but an initial setup fee of ₹5000. The annual business requirement charge is zero, but there is an annual maintenance charge on Paytm.